Germany labels outbreak a pandemic as cases spread across Europe as UK sees highest daily increase. Follow live news
- Full story: Italy orders closure of all schools and universities
- Coronavirus epidemic in UK is likely, says chief medical officer
- IMF and World Banks to do ‘whatever is needed’
- White House’s ‘muzzled’ messaging is dangerous, experts say
- Emergency coronavirus talks held on possibility of parliament closing
- Share your experiences
In Australia, New South Wales health minister Brad Hazzard has said there is an “evolution” happening in the spread of coronavirus around the world.
While there had been “no substantial change” overnight in New South Wales, seven of the state’s infections appeared to have been “on-soil,” he said. There are currently 22 infections in the state.