WTO warns economic impact will be worse than 2008; Spanish death toll higher than China’s; Prince Charles tests positive. Follow the latest updates.
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
- Coronavirus key questions: everything you need to know
- Death toll in Spain overtakes China as lockdowns extend around globe
- US coronavirus updates – live
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
China and the United States are expected to call a timeout on their coronavirus blame game and focus on the challenges of the pandemic when leaders of the G20 nations hold talks via video conference on Thursday, the South China Morning Post said.
As the world confronts the COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges to healthcare systems and the global economy, we convene this extraordinary G20 summit to unite efforts towards a global response.
May God spare humanity from all harm.
In Australia meanwhile, two staff members at a New South Wales prison hospital have tested positive for Covid-19, raising further concerns about outbreaks in detention facilities.
The two people are employees at the Long Bay forensic hospital, a 135-bed facility in the Long Bay Correctional Complex. Four patients have subsequently been tested after showing symptoms.Continue reading...